Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Every Day with Jesus on 01/09/08 - Nothing missed

'"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord..' Jeremaih 29:11

If you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as your Saviour then your life is not a series of haphazard events, but a narrative.

God has the ability to take everything that happens to us and make out of it a story - a story that has coherence and purpose and that fits into the bigger story He is telling. A story has a beginning, a middle and an ending. Everything in it has a point. Nothing need be irrelevant.

A writer has been defined as 'someone on whom nothing is missed'. The Divine Author, I assure you, misses nothing. God can make a story out of anything.

O Father, drive deep into my spirit the truth that nothing is being missed in my life. Everything that happens to me is being used to form a story. You turn everything into something meaningful. And I am so grateful. Amen.

No comments: